Boys Athlete of Week: Garrison powers Pearland
Dustin Garrison, Pearland
• Notable: The senior running back had 41 carries for 269 yards and four touchdowns in the Oilers' 51-21 win over San Antonio Stevens in the Class 5A Division I state semifinals on Saturday. For the season, Garrison has 2,703 rushing yards and 43 touchdowns.
• Quotable: "I was tired at halftime. But I came back in the second half very determined to put points on the board and that's what we did."
• Sherman Gilbert, Coldspring: The junior running back had 15 carries for 226 yards and two scores in the Trojans' 26-14 win over Wimberley in the Class 3A Division II state semifinals on Friday.
• Michael Harmon, Morton Ranch: The senior guard scored 38 points and was 7-of-8 on 3-pointers in a 83-69 win over Fort Bend Travis on Tuesday. Travis was ranked No. 2 in the state at the time of the Mavericks' win.
• D'Angelo Harrison, Dulles: The senior guard averaged 35 points in six games this week, including a 46-point output in a 69-60 win over Willowridge in the Outback Tournament.
• Cameron Ridley, Bush: The junior center had three points, 16 rebounds and six blocked shots in a 46-45 win over Fort Bend Travis in Saturday's championship game of the Outback Tournament.
• Emanuell Williams, La Marque: The junior quarterback was 9-of-14 passing for 244 yards and four touchdowns and ran for another score in the Cougars' 42-18 win over Corpus Christi Calallen in the Class 4A Division II state semifinals on Saturday.
Local Advertising by PaperG